I can't wait to make them again and stuff them with apples and caramel!!
This is simple enough it would be lots of fun to make with your kids!!
Start with your puff pastry.
Sprinkle your surface with flour.
Allow puff pastry to thaw, covered for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Start your egg wash by beating the eggs.
Add the cream.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. I'm not very good at tearing it out!!
Unfold the pastry and cut the sheet into four 4 by 4 squares.
Brush the entire surface of each pastry square with the egg wash.
Pick out your favorite candy. There only happened to be 2 snickers left by the time I made these... I blame the hubby!! hehe!
In the center place 2 chocolate kisses and 2 mini candy bars.
Pull the corner of each square up around the chocolate and twist the top of the dough to complete the 'bundle."
Brush the exterior of the bundle with more egg wash.
Place the bundles on the cookie sheet.
Bake about 35 minutes, until golden brown.
To make the chocolate sauce,
in a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil and add the chocolate pieces.
Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
Slice up some strawberries to make it look pretty!!
Top with sweetened whipped cream and enjoy!!
Chocolate Bundles with Chocolate Sauce
1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
1 teaspoon whipping cream
8 chocolate kisses
8 miniature chocolate candy bars
1/2 whipping cream
4 ounces milk chocolate broken into small pieces
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Sliced fresh strawberries, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. To make the bundles, allow the puff pastry to thaw, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature. When it is pliable, unfold the pastry and cut the sheet into four 4 by 4-inch squares.
3. Beat the eggs and cream together to make an egg wash. Brush the entire surface of each pastry square with the egg wash. In the center of each pastry square, place 2 chocolate kisses and 2 mini candy bars. Pull the corners of each square up around the chocolate, and twist the top to complete the bundle. Brush the exterior of the chocolate bundle with more egg wash.
4. Place the bundles on the cookie sheet. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
5 To make the chocolate sauce: In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate pieces. Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
6. Puddle the chocolate sauce on a plate and place a bundle on top. Top with whipped cream and additional chocolate sauce, if desired. Serve the bundles garnished with strawberry slices.
Can't wait to see what you have been busy cooking up!! Link all those great recipes below!!