Although the Directors were extremely busy today, many of them took the time to attend this dinner. At the end of the meal - sitting on the balcony of the President's Suite in the middle of the fairgrounds, each Director went around and shared their fondest fair memories. WOW - this is where I was so touched that I had to write this blog and dedicate it to the folks that work so hard to provide our state with an amazing 17 days of fair fun!
Here are a few of the memories that were shared:
1) Attending the State Fair for over 40 consecutive years.
2) Multi-generations of family members exhibiting at the fair.
3) Packing picnic meals and eating fried chicken in the infield with their families.
4) Watching their children exhibit 4-H projects for 10 years at the State Fair.
5) Getting 'chills' when they turned the corner and saw the Indiana State Fair sign above the Coliseum.